New light weight version
The Odyssey-EC flying weight is approx. 940 grams (33 oz.) It features SD7080 airfoil that was specially modified for this sailplane, the benefits of that are extended thermal duration time in very low lift conditions and wide range of speed. Odyssey wing could be built flat-with center dihedral or with polyhedral bends if desired by the builder.
- 2.4GHz friendly composite fuselage pod made of few layers of fiber glass with glass roving and carbon fiber reinforcements for extra strength.
- Removable canopy for rapid access to the radio and drive components.
- V-shaped wing saddle with molded in nuts for the wing mounting screws.
- Tapered tail boom made of carbon fiber/glass composite.
- 3-segments wing with removable wing tips for easy storage and transportation.
- Wing cores precision cut from white polystyrene foam, and the black poplar veneer bonded to the foam with aircraft industry grade epoxy in high pressure molds for perfect airfoil fidelity and a warp-free wing.
- internally hinged ailerons and flaps
- Vertical stabilizer with hinged rudder is made of molded carbon composite
- Horizontal stabilizer with pre-hinged elevator and rudder made from balsa and fully laminated with light weight fiber glass cloth for durability and stiffness.
Kit contains: model components, plans, glider name decal, step by step instructions, and all necessary hardware.