Orion-C is very light weight thermal sailplane with flying weight approx. 790 grams (27.7 oz.) The wing is based on SD7080 high lift airfoil that was specially modified for this sailplane, the benefit of that are excellent thermal abilities with very wide speed range. The Orion wing also could be built as a polyhedral wing for pure thermal flying if desired by the builder.
- 2.4GHz friendly composite fuselage pod made of few layers of fiber glass with glass roving and carbon fiber reinforcements for extra strength.
- Removable canopy for rapid access to the radio components.
- V-shaped wing saddle with molded in nuts for the wing mounting screws.
- Tapered tail boom made of carbon fiber/glass composite.
- 3-segments wing with removable wing tips for easy storage and transportation.
- Wing cores precision cut from white polystyrene foam, and the black poplar veneer bonded to the foam with aircraft industry grade epoxy in high pressure molds for perfect airfoil fidelity and a warp-free wing.
- vertical stabilizer is made of glass/carbon composite
- horizontal stabilizer with pre-hinged elevator and rudder made from balsa and fully laminated with light weight fiber glass cloth for durability and stiffness.
Kit contains: model components, plans, glider name decal, step by step instructions, and all necessary hardware.
T-tail version is also available.